Tuesdays are not good days for blogging- I spend most of my day either at the art studio or in class, and the between time is spent with Jack and Carolyn doing FUN things so when I leave to go to school I don’t feel so lame. Then I come home and I crash.
So here we are, at day 11! Since yesterday, this juice fast has morphed into a cut and dry fast, because I haven’t had a lot of time to juice. Between yesterday and today I have had THREE glasses of juice- not exactly nourishing. I’m determined to finish this thing strong, so tomorrow is going to be a juice extravaganza. I’ve also been clocking some serious miles in my morning runs. I’m not exactly sure how I’m still operating, to be honest- I have been darting around like a pinball trying to accomplish everything.
Jack’s birthday party is this weekend, and I am really looking forward to having some of my favorite people together in one place. I’m wrapping up the tail end of the preparations- a pennant banner and streamers, and a shopping list for Saturday. I ordered him a personalized name stool for his birthday, which is due to arrive tomorrow, so that will have to be wrapped.
I know it seems silly, as he is only two and probably won’t realize what is happening, but a big theme for me with my children is celebrating them. When I was pregnant with Carolyn, most people reacted first with surprise and then offered congratulations. There were a lot of questions because she came so soon after Jack, and because I had just made a major life change by moving home and enrolling in school. It seemed, to most people, like a very uncertain situation, and I don’t think anyone really knew what to say. But I kept insisting that every baby, regardless of circumstances, deserves to be celebrated. When I was pregnant with Jack there was a huge outpouring of love and support and excitement, and I felt that Carolyn had a right to the same welcome into the world. I choose to celebrate my children, and I encourage other people to do the same. That’s just my philosophy.
I don’t know what this blog is all about, or where it’s going to go, but I’m going to keep at it. I like having this place to come to at the end of the day to share my thoughts and goings-on.
To wrap it up, here are five things relating to my day:
1. Bondi Band. Best running headband EVER.
2. Brittany gave Jack three great books for his birthday, including this Little Engine that Could book- the illustrations are gorgeous!
3. I have been avoiding doing a paper for Sign Language. It’s due tomorrow, and it won’t take more than fifteen minutes to write, but I still haven’t motivated myself to do it. I’m a little worn-out from school, but I have to just push myself through the next 24 hours, and then…
4. Beginning tomorrow at 8:30, I am officially on my summer vacation! Never mind that it’s only ten days, it’s mine and it’s limitless!
5. Finally, here is an outtake from a project that the kids and I worked on today. Eventually I’m going to do a full rundown on the project itself and how we put it all together, but that’s for another post 🙂